Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Mount Rainier Elementary School has a new Principal lMs. Jennifer Till

Great meetings this week with Mount Rainier Elementary School’s new principal Ms.  Jennifer Till.    I am looking forward to a great relationship with her.  Based on our meeting, I know our children are going to have a fantastic school year.

Please take a few minutes to welcome her to Mount Rainier  and offer her your support. 

Jennifer Till Principal
email: jennifer.till@pgcps.org

4011 32nd Street • Mount Rainier, MD 20712
Office 301-985-1810 • Fax 301-760-3669

School Hours
7:45am - 1:55pm

I am so excited to be part of the Mt. Rainier family as your new principal.  Mt. Rainier Elementary enjoys a rich history of academic and cultural excellence that is a direct result of the partnerships between the school staff and parents who provide a diversity of experiences for the students.  I am honored to continue these partnerships and traditions through building relationships with students, parents, and staff. 

I consider myself a lifelong learner and live by the philosophy my mother instilled in me at a young age: education is the key to success.  I earned my Bachelors of Science in Education with a concentration in Biology from the Millersville University of Pennsylvania and my Master's degree in Administration and Supervision from Bowie State University.  I began my career as an educator in Montgomery County Public Schools 20 years ago and held many different teaching and leadership positions over those years as a sixth and eighth-grade science teacher, team leader, department chairperson, staff development teacher, and assistant principal.

I currently live in Hanover, Maryland with my husband, Bill.  In my free time, I enjoy reading, traveling and spending time with my friends and family.  I especially like to visit Florida so that I can spend time with my Mom and Stepdad in the warm weather!  I am a huge Detroit Red Wings fan and love watching hockey games. 

 As your principal, by primary focus will be to create a safe and welcoming environment that maximizes academic achievement and social-emotional development for every student; all the while maintaining positive relationships with students, families, and staff.  I am deeply honored to be your new principal and look forward to serving the Mount. Rainier Elementary School Community. 

No comments:

Post a Comment