Saturday, July 03, 2021

Last Day in Office as Mayor of Mount Rainier, MD -- May 10, 2021, 8:00 p.m.

It is finished. DONE. Just signed out of my last City Council meeting at which I was The Mayor. Celina Benitez was sworn in at 8:00 p.m. as required by the City Charter.

A feeling of relief and a little concern for the success of "my children," as Luke so aptly put it as we said goodnight, but I know that they've got it.

Tomorrow, I am off to Massanutten to catch up with my friend for a few days of rest and relaxation without the need to rush back home for the City Council meeting or some other City affair.

Once again, thank you to every resident in Mount Rainier for the privilege of serving you for the past sixteen years as Mayor and all of those years before I earned the Mayor's title. It has been a journey.

Now on to my NEXT BIG ADVENTURE. Announcement coming soon -- or not.  LOL

Picture of my last Council
Left to right Scot Cecil, Bryan Knedler, Malinda Miles, Celina Benitez, and Luke Chesek


No comments:

Post a Comment