- Prepare for possible power outages lasting several hours or even several days.
- Have emergency numbers on hand, including the power company, gas company and your insurance carrier, including your policy number.
- Secure any loose items such as yard furniture and grills outside of your house.
- If using a generator, make sure it is not in a basement or garage and make sure it is located a safe distance from any door, windows or ventilation systems.
- Stores may be crowded on Sunday; consider stocking up on essentials a day or two sooner.
National Red Cross
2025 E Street
Washington, DC 20006
National Headquarters Staff Directory