Tuesday, June 17, 2014

FROM DELEGATE MICHAEL SUMMERS

Dear Friends,

I wanted to remind you that you can take advantage of early voting through 8 pm on Thursday, June 19thor to vote in the Primary Election next Tuesday, June 24th.  It is an important step in choosing our government officials within the County and the State and I ask for your vote to continue to represent you.  

I hope that I have earned your support over these past four years.  It has been my pleasure to be able to represent you in Annapolis. I am proud to have been appointed by the Speaker to be a Deputy Majority Whip and will continue to work in that position to help pass legislation which will make our lives better.  

I am proud to have voted for the increase in the minimum wage, the repeal of the death penalty, the Dream Act, Marriage Equality, Wind Power for Maryland  and other very significant pieces of legislation which passed in my four years as your Delegate.  

I am proud to have introduced and passed the Maryland First Scholarship for first generation students,to have passed a law to mandate recycling in our schools and a law to bring clarity to condo owners regarding their Board's payment of utility bills. I have also passed several bills to bring transparency to our Campaign Finance laws. As always,  I will continue to strive for great constituent service, helping you to connect with the right government entities when you are having a problem with which you need help.  

I applaud you for taking the time to vote and for caring about what happens in your government and the world around you.  I thank you for your support during these last four years and would like to have your vote to continue serving you in Annapolis. 

Sincerely, 
Michael G. Summers

Delegate, 47A  

No comments:

Post a Comment