Tuesday, January 05, 2016

White House Tour for Seniors 62 and Over

This is a first come first served event for seniors.  The exact number that will be able to attend has not been determined.  At this moment, there is "NO COST."  However, we all need to chip in to pay for a driver to take us to and from the WHITE HOUSE.  I am working on transportation now.

During the Gala, I mentioned that our next activity would be a visit to the White House.  I have made the request, and it is being honored!

I need your help in getting the word out and the names of your residents that are 62 and over that would like to participate in this event.  TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE!

I need to KNOW IMMEDIATELY who would like to be on this trip.  Once I know how many, I will be able to seek transportation to get us there and back.

Here is what I need:

1.  Your name as it appears on your state or federal identification --, i.e., driver’s license, state ID, passport, or other official identification that has YOUR PICTURE.

2.  Your emergency contact information should someone need to be notified --, i.e., husband, brother, sister, mother, daughter, son, friend, etc.  I need their name, address, telephone number (cell, work, and home), and email address.

3.   Will you need any assistance to make this trip, i.e., wheelchair, walker, or other individual needs?

4.  I NEED this information no later than January 29, 2016.  PLEASE NOTE that there will be no exceptions to this date or the information requested.  If it is NOT COMPLETE when I receive it, I will NOT BE GETTING BACK to you to request it.

5.  Send your information to mayormiles@gmail.com.  There is no need to call.  IF YOU DO NOT HAVE AN EMAIL ACCOUNT, please send the information to One Municipal Place, Mount Rainier, MD 20712.  Please WRITE LEGIBLY so that your information can be read.

My White House contact is being very gracious to arrange a SPECIAL TOUR for my seniors, and I want to make sure that we get our information to her promptly.

Depending on how well this adventure goes, we will set our sights on the Capitol for a tour.


No comments:

Post a Comment