Sunday, May 28, 2017

It TIME to say Thanks!

MALINDA MILES FOR MAYOR CAMPAIGN
4517 30TH STREET, MOUNT RAINIER, MD 20712 MAYORMILESFORMAYOR@GMAIL.COM, 301-237-3889

May 27, 2017

Dear (Fill in your name here)

Every decent bone in my body says that I should be writing this letter of thanks in cursive! Believe me, I know and understand the need to be personal and to personalize this note of appreciation.

Unfortunately, and I hope you understand this if I keep putting this letter of thanks off until I have just the right amount of time to get it out to you, one million other things will stop me from doing it. So, I apologize up front for this typed thank you note.

You cannot imagine how much your physical and financial support of my recent campaign meant to me. When I did not want to walk anymore, you were there to encourage me and walk with me. When my funds were at their lowest, your donation came in, and I could continue my vigorous campaign.

Your donations helped me to purchase campaign signs, flyers, and send out a mailer a few days before the election. You printed my materials when I needed them, and yes, you helped me with layout and design. Because of some of you, my mailer made it to the post office in time and into the hands of the voters. THANK YOU, each and every one of you. YOU won my election for me, and I am forever grateful.

As you already know, I won my election. The swearing in ceremony was on Monday, May 8, 2017, at 8:00 p m. Family and friends (standing room only) were there to witness me take the Oath of office, and I know that you were praying for me, watching the ceremony on cable or just thinking about me. Thank you.

I am hoping to host a thank you event on Friday, August 26, 2017, and hope that you will save the date now, and be able to attend. Several friends and volunteers are working on this event, and you will hear from them soon.

Again, thank you for being there for me, and I promise to work hard to continue to make Mount Rainier, Maryland a City that you would want to live in, visit, and recommend to others as an excellent place to live, work, and play.

Sincerely,

Malinda Miles
Mayor

Mount Rainier, Maryland

No comments:

Post a Comment