Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Greater Rock Creek Church Serving Dinner Thanksgiving Day 12 noon to 6:00pm

Now, I am cold from running around outside today, but I am warm inside from the joy that we brought to this couple.  A hot cup of coffee, some good music, and a moment to sit back and be thankful that my DAUGHTER is cooking THANKSGIVING DINNER for me tomorrow.  YES!  I could not ask for anything better.

My son, his wife, and some of their children will be celebrating Thanksgiving in North Carolina.

My youngest daughter's youngest children will be celebrating in Atlanta with their other grandmother, and her oldest daughter will be celebrating Thanksgiving in Baltimore with her best friend and his family.  She will be joining me on Friday (and then I will cook).

My oldest daughter and her family will also be celebrating Thanksgiving in North Carolina.  Earlier in the month she was searching for vegan recipes.  I wish I could taste some of the dishes that she has come up with, but alas I will be in Maryland.

As I contemplate Thursday, November 27, 2014, I am reminded that I have chosen not to cook and prepare Thanksgiving Dinner.  However, there are so many others who will not cook and prepare Thanksgiving Dinner because they have nothing to cook.

Thanks to Greater Rock Creek Church and its member, Thanksgiving Dinner will be served to any and everyone stopping by tomorrow between 12:00 noon, and 6:00pm.  During some portion of the day, Yours Truly will be on site to assist in the serving of the meals.
Greater Rock Creek Church is located at , 3401 Perry Street, Mount Rainier, MD 20712.   Rev. Gerald A. Grandison Sr., is the Pastor.
Need more information?  The phone number to the church is 301-779-8532.

Please share this information with anyone that you know may be in need of a friend, a meal or just companionship on Thanksgiving Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment