Sunday, December 06, 2015

What should I include in a Christmas Basket?

Matthews 25:35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

WHAT WOULD BE NICE IN A CHRISTMAS BASKET

Of course, food would be nice in a Christmas basket, and if you are like me, I like certain things on Christmas day. So here are my suggestions, but PLEASE make the basket yours and personal IF YOU ARE DOING A COMPLETE BASKET.

A turkey, ham, roaster, chitterlings, cornish hens, large stuffed fish, duck etc. (A meat)

Collard greens, spinach, kale, turnips, or some other leafy vegetable

Green beans -- any kind

Cornbread -- (all ingredients or Jiffy mix or other brands)

Dinner rolls (pre-cooked or all ingredients for making it)

Stuffing mix (or ingredients for making it from scratch)

Macaroni and cheese (box or scratch ingredients)

Potato salad (potatoes, celery, eggs, salad pickles, paprika and mayonnaise)

Mashed potatoes (white potatoes or Irish potatoes)

Candied yams (sweet potatoes, sugar, cinnamon, butter, and marshmallows for some)

corn on the cob

Rice

Cakes, pies, banana pudding, cookies, candy etc.

Drinks -- any kind

These are SUGGESTIONS FOR A CHRISTMAS BASKET for a CHRISTMAS MEAL. 

This may not even be what you think of for your Christmas, so make your Christmas Basket YOURS. REMEMBER YOUR FAMILY may not have anything, and they will be HAPPY WITH YOUR GIFT NO MATTER WHAT!


Matthews 35:40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Peace and blessings always!

No comments:

Post a Comment