Thursday, December 18, 2014

Family in NEED

Okay, during the Thanksgiving holidays, I reached out to the community for a couple that was facing a critical time in their lives and unable to purchase food for Thanksgiving and/or for day-to-day survival.  MOUNT RAINIER RESIDENTS responded immediately, and the family was provided sufficient food for two weeks.  They also received a Christmas basket on December 17 along with five other seniors living in Rainier Manor.

TODAY, I received an email from one of my elementary school teachers stating that a mother of two small children came to her in tears.  She had just lost her job, and she and her family would not be celebrating Christmas.  They have no savings, and what they have must be used for their survival.  There will be no Christmas dinner or toys.  So, she called and asked if I would reach out to the community once again for help.

There are two children.  One is in the sixth grade and the other is in the 1st grade.  She did not tell me if they were girls. boys or one of each.  Since time is of the essence, and I did not count them in my food baskets, I am asking the community to ONCE AGAIN PITCH IN and help me help this family.

HOW?  If you can provide a toy, get one that can be used by girls and boys.  Better yet, gift cards (any amount) would be ideal, and the mother could do the shopping.  Gift cards can also be used for purchasing food and even clothes and shoes.

WOULD YOU PLEASE help me help this family in the spirit of this holiday?  YOU may send or bring your gift/donation to Family in NEED, ONE MUNICIPAL PLACE, MOUNT RAINIER, MD 20712.

No comments:

Post a Comment