Saturday, April 15, 2017

Former Delegate Doyle Niemann Endorses Malinda Miles for Re-Election for Mayor

In 1980, I when I was campaigning to become Prince George;s County School Board Representative, I met a young man named Doyle Niemann. We had a lot in common, and our friendship has grown over the years.
We have worked on Mount Rainier's issues and revitalization together every since.

His endorsement speaks volume for me, and I thank him for still believing in my leadership for our great City. Here is what he had to say about my candidacy for re-election:

There is a lot of talk these days about what a diverse community we are.
Malinda Miles makes that real. No other political leader, myself included, has her demonstrated ability to bring blacks and whites and, now, Hispanics together -- apartment dwellers and homeowners, new residents and old-timers, young and old.


In so many, often invisible, ways, she has made things happen in our community. We need her skills, energy, and experience. There is much more she can contribute when we reelect her as our Mayor on May 1st. Doyle Niemann, former Prince George's County Democratic Central Committee, Mount Rainier City Councilmember, School Board Representative, and long-term State Delegate, and long-time resident of Mount Rainier, MD.

No comments:

Post a Comment